- Holy Hours for Vocations. Have a special Holy Hour to pray for priestly and religious vocations. More information is available here.
- Rosary for Vocations. During the rosary mention candidates by name. Vocations Rosary – Luminous Mysteries
- Vocation Prayer distribution. Vocation prayer card given to parishioners on World Day of Prayer for Vocations or during National Vocation Awareness Week.
- Eucharistic Procession for Vocations. On the Feast of Corpus Christi, consider dedicating your Eucharistic procession to pray for vocations to the priesthood and religious life.
- Workshops for Altar Servers. Teach altar servers about vocational discernment.
- Parish Discernment Groups. Small groups of boys or girls led by parish priest or sister, with help from parents, to help them understand vocations. Consider the Melchizedek Project
- Collaboration with Boy Scout Troops. Scouting has long been a friend of vocation promotions. There is even a special camp at Philmont for boys considering the priesthood.
- Attend ordinations. Coordinate for confirmation students or youth groups to attend an ordination
- Traveling Crucifix or Chalice. In this popular program, a crucifix or chalice is brought home by a different family each week. It is kept in a special place by the family, who prays each day for more vocations.
- Vocations library. Keep a special corner of the vestibule stocked with vocation-related materials.
- Poster/coloring/ essay/video contests. Organize a contest with a vocations theme for students.
- Vocation stories. Invite priests to tell their vocation stories at parish events.
- Web page. Create a page on your parish website with vocation information.
- Celebrate ordination anniversaries. Honor parish priests and celebrate within the parish and school.
- Support our seminarians. Send greeting cards to each seminarian at the beginning of a new semester, holidays, exam times, birthdays, ordinations, etc.
- Director of Vocations. Invite the Director of Vocations to the parish for a weekend, for Mass and a meal with parish families. Contact the Office of Vocations for availability.